Lausanne (Ch), September 2nd, 2020 – In order to ensure the hygiene and social distancing necessary to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission, the FEI has published three new sets of guidelines:
• COVID-19 guidelines for prize giving protocols and media activities at FEI Events, effective 1 September 2020
• COVID-19 Veterinary-specific guidelines for FEI Events
• COVID-19 discipline-specific guidelines for FEI Vaulting Events
These Guidelines can all be found on the FEI COVID-19 Return to Play hub and are issued in compliance with the FEI Policy for Enhanced Competition Safety during the COVID-19 Pandemic (”COVID-19 Policy”). Please note that:
• Guidelines issued under the Policy may include mandatory requirements. When this is the case, it is clearly stated.
• The COVID-19 Policy has been updated in order to mention the Guidelines.
All the remaining discipline-specific guidelines will be published over the coming weeks and we ask that all National Federations share this information with their Organising Committees so that they are fully aware of the new requirements.
Within COVID-19 guidelines for prize giving protocols and media activities at FEI Events and starting 1 September 2020, the wearing of face masks will be mandatory for everyone involved in prize-givings, including athletes unless they are mounted on a horse or driving a carriage. There is also a specific protocol for podium presentations.